Friday 21 January 2011

Behind the Scenes: Floral Workshop



Last night I attended the UKAWP Floral Emergency Workshop led by the wonderful florists Simon and Victoria of Euphoric.

Attended by a number a fab UKAWP wedding planners many of whom I know, we had great fun learning lots of basic floristry skills from wrapping wires, creating buttonholes and corsages and putting together hand tied bouquets; just the kind of thing that might come in handy of the day of a wedding if we need to fix a floral emergency!

Here are a few pics I took of the evening on my IPod Touch (I was recommended a cool photo app this week called Hipstamatic, this was my first time trying it out)


Wiring my roses and leaves in preparation to make into a buttonhole


My completed corsage

After making the buttonholes which we then turned into corsages we did some speed hand tying with tulips


… my first attempt


We were then shown how to make a more compact hand tied bouquet, here are a few shots of mine...





All photos taken by Always Andri Wedding Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails